The joy of subbing for Joy! Regular host of The Dream Machine, our DJ Joy, was unavailable this evening, so I grabbed the reins.
This show is worth listening to, if only for the new Santigold and new Grass Widow tracks…along with George Carlin’s classic sketch about dirty words and TWO doses of Reggie Watts. Rest assured that there are plenty of reasons why this episode is worth listening to. But beware–the first 12 minutes or so are NSFW. What can I say? I get really excited when I get to play music on the radio after 10pm, when the FCC‘s asleep!
All that comes out of the Black Pope’s mouth is rudypoops! You know what I mean? I am a human radio station! I am the greatest radio personality in the worrrld!
This one’s listener-approved. As a listener, do you approve?
Right-click or Command+click to download
Artist = “Song title”, Album title. [Notes.]
1. George Carlin = “Seven words you can never say on television”, Class clown
2. Reggie Watts = “F@<% $#!+ Stack”, Why $#!+ so crazy?
3. Lushlife (ft. Shad [and Erik Satie sample]) = “Gymnopedie 1.2”, Plateau vision
4. Hawthorne Headhunters (feat. Rockwell Knuckles & Tef Poe) = “Collage”, Myriad of now
5. Santigold = “Disparate youth”, Master of my make-believe
6. Spoek Mathambo = “Dog to bone”, Father creeper
7. Reggie Watts = “Humans”, A live at Central Park
8. Quakers (Lyric Jones) = “R.A.I.D.” Quakers
9. Dream Warriors = “My definition of a bombastic jazz style”, And now the legacy begins
10. Radioinactive = “What it do”, The Akashic record
11. David Thrussell = “Turn muzak on it’s [sic] head”, The voices of reason
12. The Real Apocalypse News = #1, Rhythm, riots, and rebellion among the nations
13. Bruce Haack = “Poppies”, The electronic record for children
14. The Black Pope = “I’m a human radio station”, WFMU: Radio archival oddities, Vol. II
15. Wilco = “Art of almost”, The whole love
17. Rosa de Sangue = #5, Lula Cortes
18. P’ansori = “Kayageum Sanjo”, Korea’s epic vocal art & instrumental music
19. Fil Fla = “Morse Mall”, Flip Tap
20. R. L. Crutchfield’s Dark Day = “Arp’s carpet”, Exterminating angel
21. Nick Waterhouse = “Say I wanna know”, Nick Waterhouse
22. Joan of Arc = “Many times I’ve mistaken” 
23. Johnny III Band = “Matt Larson”, In the wintertime single. [Tirade against a friend because he went to college]
24. Kid Rock = “My Oedipus complex (remix)” 
25. The Kills = “U.R.A. fever” 
26. Grass Widow = “A light in the static”, Internal logic
27. Martha Dumptruck Massacre = “Matches”, The atomic plains